1. Confidentiality and Security of Personal Information
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect personally identifiable information sent to our Website, both during transmission and afterwards. If you register, create an account, and provide a password, it will be solely your responsibility to ensure that you do not disclose that password to anyone.
Despite our efforts to maintain the confidentiality and security of your account, no method of transmission over the Internet and no method of electronic storage is completely secure. Although we make every effort to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
2. Personal Information We Will Collect
When you register an account with us, we may collect personal information from you. You must provide your name, email address, and phone number, and if you make a purchase through our merchant processing system, you will be asked to provide a billing address, a billing phone number, and financial information (such as a credit card number, expiration date, and 3 digit security code). Financial information will be used for billing purposes, and if we have difficulty processing your credit card, we will use the personal information you have provided in order to contact you about the billing problem.
We may collect the IP address of your computer in order to enable us to detect unauthorized transactions and to better manage website traffic. We may also collect other standard web log entries such as your page URL and timestamp.
We may also use "cookies", which are small data files placed and stored on your computer, to help you manage your use of our Website. Cookies are used as follows:
- To recognize you as a regular user;
- To remind us of who you are;
- To customize our services and enhance customers satisfaction;
- To estimate our audience size by determining repeat usage of the Website to help target advertisements based on user interests and behavior;
- To track your progress;
- To measure traffic patterns for use as a research tool to understand how our users habits are similar or different from one another; and
- To conduct other research.
You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, in order to give you the chance to determine whether or not to accept it. If you do not accept cookies, some pages of this Website may not display properly or you may not be permitted to access certain information.
3. Purposes for Which We Will Use Personal Information
Our policy is to collect personal information from you for the following purposes:
- to maintain a commercial relationship with you and to communicate with you (which may include: providing services, advertising, promotions, and account verification);
- to identify your needs and/or preferences;
- to meet legal and regulatory requirements;
- to administer, maintain, manage, and improve our business operations; and
- as otherwise required by law.
4. Sharing of Personal Information
This Website does not rent, trade, or share personal information with third parties, except to provide products or services, which you requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- We use third parties for credit card processing, which parties are prohibited from using your personally identifiable information for promotional purposes.
- We may share your information with third parties in order to improve the quality or design of the Website, and to create new features, promotions, functionality, and services by storing, tracking and analyzing user preferences and trends.
- We may share your personal information if required by law and if we believe that the disclosure is required or necessary to protect our rights and/or comply with a judicial processing or legal process served on our Website.
- We may share personal information if we believe that it is required in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, a potential threat to the physical safety of a third party, or as otherwise required by law.
- We may transfer personal information to a third party entity in the event of an assignment of this Website for any reason. You will be notified via email of any such change in ownership or control of personal information.
- We may share personal information with our legal, financial, and other professional advisors.
- We may share personal information with website developers in the event that we are upgrading or improving our Website.
- We may share personal information with third parties upon receiving your consent as required by law.
Except as provided above, we will not share any of your information to any third party without permission.
5. Access to Your Personal Information
You can review, update, delete, or correct your personal information that we have collected directly from you when you registered as a new user. To access your personal information and make changes, you should log in to the member area with your user name and password that you created when you registered and update your personal information directly. If you have lost your user name or password please use our lost password tool on the website or contact us for assistance.
The data that we make available through this Website is collected from government sources under the Freedom of Information Act. We do not directly collect any of this data. In the event that your personal information is in our database and you wish to review, update, delete, or correct that information, then you need to contact the various government agencies which collect information on physicians and medical practices and make updates directly with those government agencies. We regularly update our data from our sources and once your information is updated in the government repositories we will receive your updates automatically and synchronize those updates with our database. If you are listed in our database and, for any reason, you do not want your listing to be included, you may complete the online removal request form.
6. Email Requests for Personal Information
We will never initiate a request for personal information by email or pop-up window. If you receive a request by email or pop-up window, please do not respond and notify us as set forth below.
If you ever believe that you have been a victim of fraud, please report it to the police and take all available actions to protect yourself. Also, please notify us, so that we can take all possible actions to protect you and the other users of this Website.
We are committed to protecting the privacy of children. In furtherance of this commitment, we restrict the use of our Website to persons eighteen (18) years of age or older. We do not knowingly or intentionally collect personal information from children under the age of thirteen (13).
8. Contact with You
We may use your email address to contact you from time to time, in order to send notices required by law, to provide information regarding this Website, or to resolve any complaint or suspicious transactions. We also may contact you by telephone for the same reasons. We also reserve the right to mail or email information to you about our services, to provide offers to customers, or to send out our newsletter to you. You may at any time choose to unsubscribe (or "opt-out") of any of our mailings, either by adjusting your membership settings or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. Other Legal Notices
11. Contact Us
12. Effective Date